We're pleased to announce we'll be hosting a theatre services open day and recruitment event on Saturday, 12 January at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) to support the growth and development of all the specialities supported by our driven and innovative team.
UHS is a regional unit for a wide range of tertiary specialist services, which are supported by our dynamic theatres team. These include cardiac, vascular, spinal, head, neck and neurosurgery, and the huge variety of cases generated by our status as a designated major trauma centre for adult and paediatric services.
THEATRES AT UHS
We have 29 operating theatres providing both elective and emergency services. These include our eye department, which has two eye theatres with dedicated staff, and our Lymington site boasting an additional two day-case theatres and its own dedicated team.
We also have a department education team and are able to offer significant training and development opportunities, including:
- a comprehensive induction programme
- aeadership and management development courses
- surgical specialty courses
- in-house theatre course opportunities, for example surgical first assistant training and anaesthetic work-based learner
- rotational programs across areas to enhance knowledge and skills.
We work hard to make sure our patients and their families have the most positive experience possible with us, and that our staff are happy and supported within their roles.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We're looking for enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy the challenge of working with a supportive team in a busy environment. Previous experience in this area is desirable but not essential as we offer full training. This event is open to band 5 registered adult and paediatric nurses/operating department practitioners.
We're recruiting to the following areas:
- Surgical day unit
- Eye theatres
- Recovery (adult and paediatric).
ABOUT THE DAY
During the recruitment event you'll be able to:
- find out about what it’s like to work at UHS
- see what the development opportunities are that we can offer you
- ask any questions you may have of our clinical and education teams
- take a tour of theatres and the surgical day unit.
The recruitment day will take place on Saturday, 12 January, and interviews will run from 9am. If you've completed an online application, we'll allocate a time for your interview.
The recruitment event will be hosted in Heartbeat Education Centre, F level, north wing, Southampton General Hospital, SO16 6YD.
You can apply for this event here.