Specialty and MTI fellows

If you have five years’ postgraduate experience and would like to focus on training up to consultant level in your specialty, UHS can provide this opportunity with two-year fellowships in several specialty areas. You’ll be appointed for a probationary year to start with and then, subject to satisfactory performance, you’ll be able to complete the rest of your training here at UHS.

Medical Training Initiative (MTI) places are also available at UHS in specialist areas. These usually suit junior registrar level trainees and are run through the various Royal Colleges. They are for overseas doctors and are a great way to establish yourself in the NHS.

We also have two-year post CCT/CESR fellowships in many areas where you can sub-specialise prior to applying for a substantive consultant post.

For more information, including how to apply, please contact meded@uhs.nhs.uk